Thursday 11 March 2010

Writing Samples: An Informal Letter to a Friend

Hello there!
Here's a good (and funny) example of an informal letter to a friend written by your classmate Lola Fernández.
Enjoy!

C/ Aire, 30 
30880 Águilas (Murcia) 
Spain
 
1st March 2010
Dear Willy,

Sorry for not writing earlier but I’ve been studying very hard for my English exam. Thank God I passed it!

I’m writing to thank you for letting me stay with you and your family last Christmas. It was such a wonderful week that now it’s hard for me to go back to the routine!

London is a gorgeous city but I know that a week is not enough time to discover all that it has to offer. The sightseeing tour was fantastic and I really loved ‘Mamma mia!’, the musical. I miss the long hours we spent having some tea with your grandmother while she was telling us old stories. I’m sure my English is better now thanks to her!

For the last two months I’ve been making a lot of arrangements and I think I’ll be able to move to my new house next weekend. I’m really looking forward to showing it to you!

That’s all for now. I must start my homework for my English class. The teacher wants us to write an informal letter to a friend and I don’t even know how to begin! Please write soon and tell me all your news.

Give my love to your family.

Best wishes.

Lola

PS I enclose the photo I took of you and Kate in the Stamford Bridge stadium.

28 comments:

  1. What a silly cow is this Lola!
    I didn't realise she was talking about the english royal family until I saw the "Willy's" picture!
    She is so funny as she looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's funny indeed, Ruth. No doubt about that. When I saw the photo and read the letter, I laughed so much...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You laugh at this??? This is not even a heck of funny.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. how can u say it was boring!!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing!!!!
      becoze u dont know the art of writing informal letter that is why u are saying so!!!!!!!

      :P

      Delete
    2. Art of writing an informal letter? Gimme a break,I've been studying it and this is just boring. If this is amazing,my wall shall be the best creation of nature.

      Delete
    3. I can assure you that the above letter is an excellent example of an informal letter. Anonymous, you could learn from the aforementioned example "best creation of nature" ???! :D

      Delete
  4. What is so funny,its soooo boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all of you guys e sick in the head....like u can even write a letter

      Delete
    2. but there is nothing funny there.....its just a simple informal letter that a 10year old can write

      Delete
  5. Don't be too gloomy Mr Anonymous!! It's just a humble try! so, don't dicourage rudely like that... It's not so boring!?? But maybe because you are so, you see every thing so..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people have serious mental disease that can not be cured anywhere. its ok as far as im corncened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what iz dis anonymous am mean iz it
      a name

      Delete
  7. I'm trying to find the right 'informal letter'.. I found these one but it's seems like can't help me.. =.=' 아이고~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that this was a very good letter!!! I think I am going to use this for my homework about formal and informal letters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks. its very useful for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this informal letter was copied from OXFORD NEW ENGLISH FILE INTERMEIATE 1. PAGE 49.

    ReplyDelete
  12. seriously dis gona rely help me wid my h.h

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking for a informal letter finally i got a funny one... hahaha. Love it.



    Thesis Home
    Thesis For All
    Research Home
    Study Tools

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really good example of an Infomal letter to a friend.
    Good introduction, good body ,(context ),àmusing and perfect closing.

    Native English Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanx.. itz a great idea ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. not good its poor

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you so much, this really helped me.

    ReplyDelete